Covid Chronicles 2.0
Well last time we were locked down I thought I would write a blog post every day. Sit here looking out the window musing about what a global pandemic means to us all, well that didnt happen as its now AUGUST and we are in the middle of a second wave of infections in my state of Victoria. I find it easier to write in dot points so here goes:
- I miss my family in Adelaide terribly. When you move away to another state, I think you do so on the proviso that you can always go home if you want or need to. When this option gets taken away its a weird feeling. I am glad my family are all safe in Adelaide, away from the threat of this virus but I wish I could give them a hug.
- The strong wave of anxiety I felt last lock down is somewhat lesser this time as I know what to expect. We all know the drill and we know that the supermarkets wont run out of food (if we only buy what we need). I feel safer now that everyone has to wear masks in Victoria, its another way I can proactively avoid getting this virus which is a good thing.
- Gosh who knew there were so many people out there who could sew? I am astounded by all the clever people who have started making masks so everyone can get their hands on some to keep themselves safe.
- Its really hard to breath in a mask, but we will get used to it and hopefully this means there will be less other infections this year too?
- This second lock down means I can do all the jobs I thought I would do in Lock Down 1 but didn't get around to.....I probably left these jobs as they were the crappy ones but there's always hope!
- A second term at home for my boys is not fun at all. They love their school and their friends so this is so hard. Lock down one has got us all organised with bikes, a basketball ring in the back yard and other habits that hopefully make this one a little easier to bare.
I think that's all I can think of now (I have to go and watch Dan's daily press conference) , will try and be a bit more diligent this time.
Stay Safe and take care